MEANYC is a not for profit organization committed to the pursuit of a quality music education for every child. The primary focus of the organization is to encourage a cooperative professional relationship among the music educators of New York City.
- Encourage, develop and increase the effectiveness of music education in New York City;
- Encourage a closer cooperative professional relationship among the music educators of New York City;
- Offer an opportunity for outstanding school musicians to appear in Festival Bands, Orchestras, Choirs, Stage Bands and other ensembles;
- Offer an educational program through regular meetings intended to be of value to members, and other activities to be approved by the organization, its Executive Board or members;
- Remain a not-for-profit organization converting all funds available into a program which shall aim to advance music education in New York City;
- Cooperate with the New York State School Music Association, and the National Association for Music Educators in their programs; and
- Encourage the active support of school administrators, boards of education, community school boards and the general public of New York City in the maintenance and improvement of the place of music education in school curricula.